Friday, March 9, 2012

Elmo Makes Music

 Walking to the arena with our friends

 Silly Payton
 Intently watching Elmo
 The characters
Aunt Abby feeding Gavin cotton candy...pretty sure that isn't on the APA list of approved foods for a 5 month old!


I am only going to be honest in this post because I am horrible at lying.  The first 20 min of the show were fantastic...then intermission hit and things spiraled downwards from there.  Logan could not stay in our row(we didn't even attempt to keep the kids in their seats) and it was a sold out show so there was no room for kids running up and down the aisles. 

After I decided it was time to go the real fun began.  You see only happy pics because there is no way I could take a pic of me trying to get the two of them to the truck nor do I wish to relive the moment.  I had Gavin in the Moby wrap and Logan just decided he was done...he would not walk anymore.  I tried to pick him up and carry him but he was kicking Gavin in the head.  So I put him down and marched drug him to the truck...the whole three blocks. 

Don't get me wrong, I tried to get down on his level and simplify the situation.  I tried to bribe him with an icecream cone and when nothing else worked I spanked him.  Don't worry, spanking didn't work either.  I'm sure anyone who was watching was surely laughing hysterically at the stupid white woman dragging her toddler down the block. 

I was really at the end of my rope.  I got in the truck and it took everything I had no to just cry.  My children are pretty well socialized and Logan is usually, at worst, "tolerable" in public.  Tonight was just not our night...ok today was not our day.  But there is always tomorrow, right?  I will look back on this story and laugh.  RIght now though, it's time for bed!




2 comments: