Monday, January 6, 2014

Best Laid Plans

So I have been trying to be very diligent about showing my children love, practicing my patience without Daddy here to buffer me and most of all not to care that the house is complete wreck so  my children know, just what is important.  My plan was today to send them to daycare on my one day off, go grocery shopping, clean the house, take a shower for the first time in 4 days, maybe take a nap then pick them up refreshed and ready to face the challenges.

After being at daycare only 2 hrs, my phone rang.  Logan was puking.  Poor kid!  I really thought that since he had strep and wasn't at daycare last week when they were all sick that he was gonna dodge that illness.  WRONG.  Praise Jesus for small miracles though, I did actually get my shower in before the phone rang.  Off I went to get them.

Let me paint the scene for you upon our arrival back at home.  I am holding a fussy, teething 4 month old...cleaning up the 4 year olds puke and trying to keep the 2 yr old out of the puke while I get it all cleaned.  Come on Lord...I know you won't give me more than I can handle but this one is cutting it close!

1 comment: