Monday, March 10, 2014

Only Half There

So a dear friend inspired me to get this down and be completely honest about it.  Though I am hitting publish, 8 days later...it is still fresh.

I have been failing like a complete failure here lately.  It feels as if I am only half way doing everything.  I am working on 3 big projects for work at 2 different jobs right now and can't seem to get any of them completed, much less to my standards.

I am so stressed about work that it makes me feel like less than half the Mommy I want to be at home.  I am impatient, short-tempered, tired and grumpy.  None of these are qualities that I want to write home about.

I have another dear friend I pray with/for often who is praying for my wisdom and clarity on exactly what I am supposed to be doing in this troubled, busy season.  Steve's business has started taking off so he has been getting late each night, just in time to see the kids for 30-45 min then help me put them to bed.  While I am so happy that hopefully soon we won't be stressing about that, it is hard to keep this routine up!

So here I am...trying to figure out what works, whats not working, what is priority and what is extra that can be cut out.

Update:  I finished all three projects.  Steve says superwoman is back.  :)  I am still not quite feeling like myself but definitely an improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment