Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sickypoo

This little gal has not felt well.  She started running a fever Sunday night but it was low-grade and I was convinced it was just teeth.  Mom Monday afternoon though in the middle of our painting project, she was running 102.6 and was super fussy.  No other real symptoms so I waited until the offices opened Tuesday a.m. first thing to call(closed for Memorial Day on Monday).
 
We went in and saw Dr. Bird since Dr. Perry was booked.  She weighed 16lbs 11oz.  He said her left ear was full of puss and the right ear looked infected too.  She hadn't been pulling on her ears or anything!  I took her home started her on antibiotics.  We were still running 102.6-102.9 on tylenol and motrin around the clock.

Weds a.m. showed no improvement and to add to it the little chick wasn't keep down any fluids.  Only one wet diaper in 16hrs sent us back to the Dr.  Dr. Perry didn't think she needed IV fluids and sent us home with zofran and tylenol suppositories.  Weds night was horrid.  She would wake up about every hour and a half and scream for 30-40min.  Nothing I did would calm her and she refused to eat.  Finally, Thurs a.m. her fever started to come down.  She ran 101 all day Thurs. Friday a.m I had a super important meeting at work.  With her temp 99.5-100 I took her to daycare with the boys and went into work.

I got a phone call at 3p.m. to see she now had blisters in the back of her throat.  Oh dear LORD...give her a break!  I called the Dr. who said it was most likely either strep or hand, foot and mouth but on any account, there was nothing new to do.  She was at least eating which was a major improvement.

Finally Saturday my happy, afebrile girl returned.  We can go a long while without another week like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment