Thursday, June 18, 2015

Moving Day

The day is finally here.  Today I will start moving our stuff to our rental.  I thought I would be more sad to be leaving this house.  However, I am so excited to see what is in our future that the excitement is winning over the sadness.

The kids will go to stay with Nana tomorrow after daycare so that Steve and Christopher can help me load the furniture and all the big stuff and get the new house settled.  What we will miss most about this house is a wonderful neighbor Jack.

For over two years now, Jack has come over every night(with rare exceptions) to get dinner.  He talks in the backyard with the kids, picks up things I need at the store, buys us pizza, bbq or Chinese at least once a week(lifesaver) and most importantly, comes over to kill my spiders when Steve isn't home.  The kids see him more than they see their own grandparents and our interaction with him will be truly missed.  Last night I had to hold back tears as he came to pick up dinner one last night.  Though we won't lose contact, he will be missed.

Ok day...I am ready.  Let's get this done!

No comments:

Post a Comment