Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh, You Make Me Smile

The boys and Mommy are home today.  Home with no doctors or dentist to visit, no grocery list, no planned visitors, no agenda...just each other.  Since I have gone back to work after maternity leave I am working 4 ten hour shifts per week.  That only leaves one day off during the week which makes days like today a thing of the past. 

Logan tells me everyday I take him to the sitters that he wants to stay home with me, wants to sleep IN HIS BED.  We all know that he really doesn't want to sleep...but he does enjoy being a home body and playing with his trains all day long.  This is such a change from a year ago.  He used to love be on the go all the time.  Now he is the happiest when we have no where to go.  I love it!  I never thought I would say that.  I used to love being out and about. 

We have really been working on enjoying simple things a.k.a. things that don't cost $.  My new favorite entertainment is watching Logan dance around the living room "playing his guitar" and singing.  I wish I could find our small camera, I would get a clip for you.  He is such a charmer.  I think we are gonna have a little ladies man on our hands. 

Of course I never tire of tickling Gavin and listening to him giggle.  He is so much like Logan was, yet still so different.  Logan used to love playing with my hair and would giggle if I leaned over him with my hair in his face.  Gavin loves it too, kinda weird I know.  But Gavin also loves to grab the hair at the base of my neck and pull and swirl it until I have these lovely little, ratty knots! 

I have been following a little girl named Paxten in Wichita that has leukemia...diagnosed about a year ago.  Her story is so sad but God is really using her.  It is amazing how many people her story has touched.  You can check out her support page below.  I pray that God eases her pain and sends peace and comfort to her family. 
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/paxtenpearson

I can't imagine not having these little men in my life.  I am striving to embrace each day with them and never take one moment for granted!

2 comments:

  1. That picture of Logan is super adorable. That smile is gonna get all the ladies!

    ReplyDelete