Sunday, January 29, 2012

On Death

No pics tonight just a little update.  Paxten the baby girl I asked you all to pray for last week passed away today.  (sigh)  Life(and death) can be so difficult to understand sometimes.  I just have to stand secure in my hope that there is a bigger plan that only one person knows.  I was looking through songs to sing at the bereavement service for the hospital in April, tonight and came across a cool song entitled, "Hug Him Once For Me."  The youtube video was playing and Logan was completely captivated.

I know he has heard the word "died" several times today.  This video launched and hour and a half long conversation about death and people that die.  I was explaining that the babies in the video had died, were no longer with the mommies and daddies anymore.  He looked at Gavin sleeping on the couch and asked if he was gonna die too.  I assurred him he was not(what do I know?).

So then I switched the focus, tried to explain that big people die also.  I told him I had several grandpas who had died.  Then he became upset thinking his grandmas and Nana were going to die.  This is an extremely abbreviated version of the conversation I am sure you can understand.

I guess I wasn't really prepared for these questions tonight.  Just when I think he is ok with it all he starts stuttering and says over and over again, "Some people die..."  Bless his little heart.  I hope God will continue to guide me and give the wisdom I need to help Logan begin to process this concept.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about her passing. If you know the families address I can mail her mother a handkerchief from my For Your Tears blog. Logan is just so young, it's a hard thing to understand. My mother died when my son was 4. He asked me "when grandma is done dying will she come back?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to tell Payton death means they go play with Jesus, so she wouldn't be sad, now she asks when she gets to go play with him. She doesn't really understand they don't get to come back. Such a big concept for our little people.
    On a side note, Eilene is talking to a boy (cousin of this baby) who has been away at college, he was really upset and I told her to tell him they (the family) had lots of love from lots of great families here. Hope you do ok with the service. God blessed you with an amazing voice glad you can use it to comfort peoples souls in such rough times!

    ReplyDelete