Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Recovering

Hmmm...where to start...I could lie, cover things up and make it sound like life is rosy at our house right now.  However, anyone who knows me would see right through it!  Logan is still trying to recover from surgery.  After three nights of him waking frequently and screaming, unable to be soothed, I finally called his surgeons office yesterday and asked them to call him in some pain meds.

Let me just say that I have been very impressed with his surgeon.  I was however, very irritated with the nurse I spoke to who said, "Most kids don't have any trouble!"  First of all, most kids get pain meds from day one...you didn't give MY CHILD any pain meds because he was less than three.  Secondly, this is MY CHILD, not MOST KIDS.  His name is Logan and he has been breaking my heart the past few days.

In the end, they called in some Lortab elixir.  I gave it only before bed last night and he slept for 7.5 hours before waking to ask for a drink.  I gave some juice and Motrin and he was back out for 2 hours.  At last, some rest!  Logan was a horrible sleeper as a baby(by baby I mean until about 18months of age) and I was very used to being up every 2 hours.  However, you add Logan getting up every hour and a half because he hurts to a baby that gets up only 2-3 times per night(not bad if you ask me) and I was getting up about every 45 min.  I was less than pleasant to say the least.

So with good pain meds he is on the mend.  I am hoping tomorrow is a turning point.  Steve has had some interviews but still no real prospects for a job.  I won't lie, that is adding to the stress level also.  Not only for the lack of pay check but also because there are just certain things only a mom can do right.  As soon as Steve is back to work I am taking a Mommy day.  I am going to send the kids to daycare, go tan, get a pedicure and take a long nap!  I am not going to do any chores(with the exception of pumping for Gavin which I hardly view as a chore).  On my next Mommy day after that I am going to have an embroidery date with my lady friend from work!  She has lots of new patterns and I can't wait to play with her machine again.  Now that I have typed my plans out, maybe someday they will come true!

One kid down for the night, one to go.  Nighty night!

3 comments:

  1. I am hoping your mommy days come soon!! You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry he was having such a hard time. Glad that the medication helped. Yes, mama needs a day for herself for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss my boys! Now that my baby brats are healthy we will be around again! I would love to come play with them Friday morning and wear them all out in your back yard while you go have a little "you time!" I can handle 4 for a few hours =) We will see you all tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete