Wednesday, March 6, 2013

OB Update Week #12


Since I found out relatively early that I was pregnant, I have already had 2 OB appointments.  The baby's heart rate was good at both.  I haven't been feeling really great(the boys shared a MEGA cold), and had actually lost a little weight since the last appointment.  Yesterday I saw the maternal fetal medicine doctor(aka high risk OB) just as a precaution since I had preterm labor with Gavin.

He felt confident that at this point there is nothing that needs to be done.  I don't have to start progesterone injections since I made it to term without them last time.  We will only start doing cervical length measurements if I begin to have contractions/bleeding/complications.  Honestly, I am absolutely stoked!  I thought for sure he would start me on one or the other.  So, hooray!  I am being treated like a normal OB patient for the present time.  After 24 weeks I will have sonograms for growth about every 4 weeks(due to an abdominal growth issue we had with Gavin that resolved on its own).

The HR yesterday was 149 and baby was rockin and rollin!  Keep growing little person...we can't wait to see how big you get.

1 comment: