Sunday, December 1, 2013

New Years Eve 2013

Can we just say it wasn't a good evening at our house?  The day started out rough.  Logan wasn't feeling well so he stayed home with Daddy then spent some time with Lisa in the afternoon.  I didn't really know what was wrong, could just tell he wasn't himself.  I worked all day.  When Daddy picked up the 2 little ones from daycare, the other kids were all puking....Oh no!

When we got home, Logan was running a fever and wouldn't eat or drink.  One look at his throat and I knew he had strep.  I had just gotten over strep last week.  So Steve took him to lab to get swabbed and the test was of course +.  We are so lucky to have a hometown pharmacy with a pharmacist on call.  3 hrs later, Logan had his antibiotics and by 10:30 everyone was tucked into bed.  As Steve and I laid down I was saying how lucky we were just to have strep in our house and not be cleaning up puke.

At 11:58 P.M. Gavin woke up screaming. Steve went in to their room, crawled into bed with him and Gav puked all over him.  Mommy got up to help clean up the mess.  45min later, he was snuggled up on his floor with his magic tea and drifting back to dreamland.  I think this is the first stomach bug any of my kids have EVER had.  Why did I curse us by saying how lucky we were to have avoided it?

Here's to hoping tomorrow is a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment