Tuesday, June 16, 2009

June 16th 2009

What is with all the carzy KS weather? We were without electricity again for the majority of last night due to the storms that moved through in the mid-evening. Thankfully we were not sucked up by some crazy tornado. Wait, was that I heard? That would be the TV weather lab going off with more warnings for tonight. Storms are building again. When will it end?

I found a really cool blog that I could spend hours reading and catching up on called Bring the Rain-the story of audrey caroline. Some people have ways of expressing themselves in words that bring tears to my eyes. I'm not gifted in this way, the Lord gave me the gift of being able to say it like it is! Sometimes this is good...sometimes, well, you know.

Anyway, check it out and have your Kleenex ready. By far one of my favorite posts is from June 5th and entitled, "Her, Here." I'm not sure why this particular blog has reached out and touched me so much. Just God's way of reminding me that he's still there I guess. I usually get that reminder when I least expect it.

We're very busy at work...still. My myspace status for the weekend was "My soul needs a break from all the sick babies." Somehow when I'm home though I find myself wishing I was there(this is after I catch up on my beauty sleep of course). Maybe I just love to hold babies, can't wait for mine to be here. Or maybe I just crave interaction from someone who needs somebody. My family always needs me but it's a different everyday sort of need. When I get emotional like this I just want to know that what I do makes a difference for SOMEONE...even one person. I got that reminder tonight when I came home to find an email from a parent whose child I had taken care of. The baby did not survive. How wonderful though that they still think of me and how wonderful to come home to an email that simply says, "You are a great nurse." That's all for tonight folks, I'm exhausted. I pray the storms die down and give everyone a reprieve. It would be nice to wake up on my own in the a.m. and not to a tranformer being struck by lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment