Thursday, August 9, 2012

A (Long Awaited) Zoo Trip {August 2012}





















I have been missing my boys and we have been missing our friends! Since Steve has been laid off I have been working 2 jobs and work 6 days a week with Sundays off. I love my jobs so that definitely helps but nothing can replace the time I need to spend with my own children. I have been missing out on some pretty important milestones with P & G too and that I hate!


Today, however, was different. I got to run and play. I listened to the children squeal with laughter, watched them hold hands and love, and got back in touch with one of my dearest friends. There is nothing like a rare day off to give me some perspective. I would have been fine staying home and doing nothing but would have missed the opportunity to watch my children grow in their love for others.


Oh, and how could I forget...wouldn't have gotten to play with my camera. Silly girl! The joy that I find that alone is worth leaving the house! Maybe on my next rare day off it will be a day to stay home and focus on renewing my own energy. But today my heart is overflowing!





















1 comment:

  1. So glad you got to spend the day with your children. Sounds like you have been very busy.
    The pictures are all precious and cute.

    ReplyDelete