Monday, September 3, 2012

Birthday With Friends!




So let me just say, before I really dive into this post...that it took an insane amount of planning to even try to pull off a 3 year olds bday party with said 3 yr old plus an 11 month in tow, without a daddy!
 
Now that my disclaimer is complete...this party was a total wreck!
My now 3 year old bday boy refused to take a nap(never good).
Directly before the party we had 40min screaming melt down(not good for Mommy's patience).
 
At the party, Logan could not share ANYTHING.
He screamed like a 1 year old if someone even touched a gift of his.
He really was just plain rotten.
 
What the heck?  There was absolutely no sign of the sweet, handsome, loving boy we all know except for the brief period of time that he was running through the water fountains.
THANK BE TO GOD FOR WATER and Nana for making the cake!
If it wouldn't be for the fact that I know our friends' moms were all silently saying "thank goodness it isn't my kid today,"  I would have loaded him up kicking and screaming and drove home.
 
Well that's sort of a fib.  When it was time to go I did load him kicking and screaming.
Poor Nina came down for that party and felt bad that this Momma was stressed to the max with 2 kids, 1 bday party, 1 month alone with a Daddy and she even offered to watch the kids while I had dinner with the girls!
 
So, now that I am refreshed...I can laugh.   I can say, "This will be a birthday to remember!"
Let's hope the rest of "3" goes better than the party that welcomed the year in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment