Sunday, September 30, 2012

Nothing Like an E.R. Visit to Finish Off the Weekend!

This afternoon I was folding laundry on the living room floor.  Logan was bouncing around on the couch and I had just finished tell him he had better stop or he would crack his head.  What happened next?  He fell off and cracked his head, his chin actually.  He was on the arm of the sofa and flipped over backwards into the rocking chair.  At first I thought, "It's not that bad.  It's hardly bleeding."  It soon became evident with the immediate swelling and subsequent gaping that was occurring that it would need attention.  Daddy was working, Papa was fishing...I did NOT want to take Gavin with us!  So I eventually begged the neighbor lady that has 18month old twin boys to let me add another to her brood for a bit!

Logan was a champ at E.R.  They got us right back, no waiting.  THe doc was trying to convince me to either leave it, or stitch it, he didn't think dermabond would hold.  But that it would need exactly one stitch and he would have to stick him first for the Lidocaine.  NO WAY IN HECK!  I pleaded with him to either stitch it without the lidocaine because Logan would be hell to hold down after being stuck for the lidocaine or use the dermabond.  I eventually won and we used the glorified super glue.  Less than 45 min and we in and out, has to be a new record!  Oh dear child, please listen to your mother when she tells you not to jump on the couch!

P.S.  2 weeks after this occurred, here is the pic of the healing scar, with the dermabond still on!  I told that stinking doctor that he wouldn't pick it off!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. Live and learn....hopefully he learned!
    Glad they were able to take care of him so quickly.

    Two weeks before my scheduled c-section with our daughter my husband lost his balance on a ladder out in front of the house. It fell and knocked our son, 2 1/2 at the time, down and opened his chin up. I was bleeding a lot and we had to wait so long in the ER. They did have to stich him up and that's when we found out that no way was my husband going to be okay in the operating room with my c-section.
    He had to leave the room! So Adam is now 33 had has a scare under his chin.

    ReplyDelete