Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Frenectomies? No!

Does this look like a kid that just had surgery?
 
So I will spare you all the hairy details of why we had Gavin evaluated by an ENT...lets just say that biting became an issue in many ways.  When I asked the gals I work with for advice, they asked if I had looked in his mouth.  No!  I hadn't thought of that.  Of course he is teething...on further review he had some minor frenulum issues that needed attention(lip and tongue, the lip was causing a major gap in the teeth).

After a trip to the ENT last week we set up an outpt procedure for today.  My biggest concern was the NPO status.  I'll admit, I fudged a bit...the exact time frame isn't really relevant since the Dr. was late showing up anyhow(as I had thought he would be)!  They gave him enough gas to knock him out, didn't even have to start an IV.  He woke up like a bear(Similar to Logan after the adenoid removal) but came around much quicker and we were out of that place in 30 minutes.

I nursed him in recovery and immediately felt a difference.  Now I am spending a much needed day at home with Gav, just spoiling him...telling him how much I love him, and nursing him nonstop since it doesn't hurt anymore.  There goes our weaning!  Oh well, I really wasn't ready anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your were able to figure that out and glad that he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete