Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veteran's Day Parade

 I just love parades.
 You will never see my kids sit so still as when they do to watch the parade pass them by.
 One of our favorite soldiers was there...makes me miss my baby brother even more!
 Love!
Jamie and Miss Emma came to town for the weekend.
 Nina and Logan watching for Luke.
This is the first time the whole group has been together in over 5 years!
 
I love that my small town does so much to celebrate Veteran's Day.  Every year they have a concert, a parade, a hot dog feed and more.  It has become extremely heartwarming since my brother joined the airforce.  That time of year is coming again...the holidays.  We will miss our soldier even more than usual at this time of year as he is stationed in SC.  Each day, take time to thank a soldier or their families for their sacrifice for our country.  They miss babies being born, holidays, milestones and more to risk their lives for this country and protect our freedoms.  I sleep with my babies cuddled in my arms each night, not worrying about our safety because I know that the best soliders out there are NOT sleeping in order to protect us.
 
To all those who have served or are serving, thank you.


1 comment:

  1. Perfectly said momma! So proud of our 'baby' brothers!

    ReplyDelete