Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mothers Day {2013}



Last night Kate and I took mom to Sumos for dinner with Tyler and Steve along for the ride.  It was really nice to sit down and enjoy a dinner out with having to get up and go to the bathroom to discipline a child, or clean up a spill, or wonder if the tip we left was big enough to cover the mess the kids made...however, it just isn't a normal without my boys!

Today both of the boys fell asleep during praise and worship at church.  It was just the Mother's Day gift I needed.  It was the first time Steve and I made it all the way through church sitting next to each other.  We actually got to listen to the preacher preach the whole sermon!  It seems small, I know.

This afternoon we went to Haven to see Nena and Papa.  My boys love their grandparents but man they sure do have fun with their cousins too!  Aunt Leslie and I were laughing to hard at one point that I know I peed my pants(not that it takes much to make me do that these days!).  The boys and Steve got me a pedicure gift certificate which I plan to use promptly, tomorrow!  I am exahusted and the both have been in bed for 45 min now.  Guess it's time to turn it.  Happy mothers day to all you mamas out there.  And prayers for peace and comfort to all who dream of being a mom but haven't yet received a baby into their arms.

1 comment: