Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Progress: Swim Lessons

 My big boy jumping all the way into/under the water.
 ...and happy in a life jacket,
and showing off his ice cream scoops!

Last month I decided to enroll the boys in swim lessons at the YMCA.  I was very doubtful at first that Logan would make progress since we had tears throughout the first class but he has done great!  The teacher   even passed him to the second class.  The only thing he didn't do was stick his whole head under water to grab a ring...still working on that. He will stick his whole head in, just not to lean down and grab the stinkin' ring! He is enrolled for lessons(the next class up) this month.

Gavin, on the other hand, is another story.  He is fearless in the water but still a bit too young to follow directions or have any organized kind of instruction.  The purpose of his "paddlers" class was just to get him  comfortable in the water without hanging on to Mommy.  He needed no real help in this.  I think we will wait to pay for additional lessons until next year for him!

I am so proud of my little water babies.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your taking them. It's important that they learn how to swim.

    ReplyDelete