Monday, August 31, 2015

WebSlinger Insertions(AKA dental work for Gavin)

I took Gavin to the dentist for his procedure this morning.  There was a friendly CRNA there that anesthetized him.  I was worried about keeping him NPO, getting his IV in and how he would wake up from the meds.  I convinced Gavin that the CRNA was going to put in a webslinger(AKA an IV).  Thankfully he didn't fight us and the IV went in without an issue.  It took only about 10 sec for his eyes to roll back in his head and for him to fall asleep.  Considering this child never stops moving, it was kind of scary.  But the staff assured me that he was well, vitals stable and I left the procedure room. About 45min later they came out to tell me that all fillings were completed and asked if I would sit with him while he woke up.  Thank goodness that one of side effects of the anesthesia was short term memory loss.  He would have been really upset if he had remembered that he supposedly had a webslinger inserted and woke up to find it not there!

The funnies part was while Gavin was waking up he was talking incoherently.  The CRNA told me he thought that he was good to leave whenever I felt comfortable.  All of a sudden Gavin spouts out, "HE SAID I AM READY." LOL...quite a difference from the babbling he had been doing.  Ok Gav, let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment