Saturday, August 1, 2015

Busy, Busy



 
 


There is never a dull moment around here.  Today we headed to Eldo for some time with our besties.  Up first was the Frontier Western Parade.  One of my new fav pics is the one of the kids with their hands on their hearts honoring the flag.  Gavin is finally starting to understand why we show the flag respect and this warms my heart. 

I don't usually think of my self as extremely patriotic.  But, nothing will get my tears flowing faster than kids saying the pledge of allegiance, a crowd honoring the flag, hearing our national anthem or watching the flag being folded. No words...

I left the big kids with Abby at the parade and took Kate to The Big Latch-On.  I have always wanted to participate but it just didn't work out.  Not this time, we made it!  Kate has only been nursing once or twice a week for the past several weeks this may very well be the last time she nurses.  While part of me is happy that my body will once again be my own, I am sad this she is my last baby and she is not a baby anymore.

After that parade it was off to the splash park.  Kate was tired and spent much of the time on my lap watching the big kids run around.  After some splash time, we braved the Pizza Hut lunch buffet.  Today, I am thankful for booths and the ability to trap my children in.  Ok, they really were pretty good and I was impressed with their behavior and how well they ate.  Then again, it's pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment