Saturday, September 12, 2015

Ronald McDonald House Charities-"Kickin' It For the Kids" Kickball Tourney

 
 
So my sister is a member of the Red Shoe Society and for the past 3 years has helped to organize and pull off this awesome kickball tournament for the Ronald McDonald House Charities.  For those that don't know, RMHC helps to provide inexpensive, near to the hospital lodging for parents and families of hospitalized peds patients, many of those being the NICU families I work with other day.  They also have a family room at this hospital where families can go to eat, unwind, play a game, wash their laundry and whatever they may need while their child is hospitalized.

Last year, I brought up the fact that Wesley didn't have a team in this tournament and has the baby(and now soon to be Peds) hospital, shouldn't we participate in such a great event?  Well that promptly landed my rear end on the starting line up for our team!  I was terrified that I wouldn't do well and aside from missing one ball I proved myself wrong.  I had credit for several of our RBIs and I had a fun time getting to know some of the senior management closer and playing with some great nurse and doctors.

Mom and Don brought the kids over to cheer us and they were so cute.  They had even made little signs for myself and for Uncle Tyler.  The best part was, the day raised over $40,000 for RMHC and the families they benefit!  Keep rocking this sister, I can't wait to see how great it will be next year!

1 comment:

  1. Good sharing, Special Children Society of Ampang (SCSOA) is a centre that cares for children with special needs to equip them with the skills necessary to be a part of society, recently Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Malaysia funded a sensory room, it is a safe space for children who are intellectually and developmentally challenged and comes furnished with multi-sensory equipment from the UK, see detail at:
    http://kidbuxblog.com/ronald-mcdonald-sensory-room-heightens-the-senses-of-the-developmentally-challenged/





    Best Regards,
    Your favorite Split Queen Box Springs or split queen box spring bedframe selection.

    ReplyDelete