Saturday, December 5, 2015

Christmas 2015{Grandma Lori}

We made the long drive to Coffeyville today to see Grandma Lori.  That drive has to be my least favorite drive ever.  There is nothing but grass to look at.  We took off early so we could all go out to lunch together and time the drive back home for naptime.  Well let me just tell you, all three of these kids were totally refusing to sleep in the car today.

Instead, we spent the car ride ticking each other off and driving Mommy & Daddy clear out of their minds.  From the "Huh-uh! Uh-huh!" back and forth to the "I don't want her looking at me" statements for 2.5 hrs there and 2.5hrs back, I was about ready to lose it.  How is it that some days they are so loving, calm and level-headed and other they are completely irrational? Wait a second, I think I just wrote the definition of a child.

Road trips over an hour are out for awhile.  The visit with Grandma Lori was lovely.  It was nice enough outside that they kids got to run and play for about an hour which did help somewhat with the drive home.  I know how much she loves to see the kids, so end the end it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment