Sunday, December 20, 2015

Uncle AJ is Home!



 



 
We got together at our house tonight because Uncle AJ was in town and we thought a family dinner sounded like fun.  The kids are finally starting to feel better and everyone except Kate is fever free although hers is coming down with meds. We kept the night low-key.  Broccoli cheese soup, chili and a meat/cheese tray made our menu complete.  One thing my Grandma Wilma has taught me is that WHAT you make for dinner isn't really all that important.  Spending time with the people you are cooking for should be your focus.

This Christmas season is bittersweet.  With the declining health of many family members, my kids and I are soaking up all the togetherness we can.  I know that though our bodies may fail, we can choose to live forever through the sacrifice of Jesus.  It seems my emotions should be completely eased by the true meaning of the season.

1 comment: