Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How Amazing

I have only recently come to realize how extensive, complicated and enormous the blogging community is. You may have seen the "Pray for Kayleigh" button on the right hand side of my blog. I learned of this baby and family through Olivia's blog(the one who got me started on this!) about a month ago. However, being an NICU nurse I was quickly drawn to her story and her parents' unique and uplifting perspective on life. After a long battle in the hospital(11months) that began with her very premature birth, Kayleigh has gone home to the Lord. I couldn't help but think of how many lives this little girl must have touched during her short time here on earth. It is evident by the hundreds of comments of support from others reaching out to her family how special and precious she was. The post from today on her page was(to me) truly amazing. I can't imagine what her parents are going through and still they have unwavering strength and faith. If you would like to read some beautiful words please visit her page but I'll warn you to have the Kleenex ready! I know that her family(The Freeman's) would also appreciate any comments of love and support. Though my heart aches for this family and they will be in my thoughts and prayers I can't help but breathe a sigh of relief for this sweet little girl. Never again will she struggle to breath but instead will be resting in the arms of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment