Saturday, May 9, 2009

Stormy Weather

We have been dealing with the aftermath of the storm that moved through early friday morning. Thankfully we did not have a bunch of property damage. The roof held up fairly well and no windows broke or anything else. Since we don't own a single tree and only have one very large tree that hangs over our backyard down limbs were kept to a minimum. The boys have spent the weekend cleaning up and helping out the neighbors. We are still without electricity and when I called to check on the status this morning, Westar was still reporting it might be four more days. We are very thankful to have the generator. We bought it a few years ago when we had the big ice storm and lost power for nine days. I can't imagine being without it. Since we buy our beef once a year that would be a huge loss if we had NO electricity for several days. As it is right now, we just run the generator for bit every couple of hours to cool off the fridge and the freezers. I'm back at work for the weekend which means this has been a very looooong couple of days. We don't run the generator in the morning so I've been getting up and doing almost everything by flashlight. Then when I get to work I run the curling iron through the hair real quick and that's about as good as it gets with this girl. There are just so many more important things is life!

The baby is moving around tons. Nine-thirty to ten-thirty at night seems to be the prime time for activity. He's getting big enough now that I can lay very still on the couch and Steve can see him kicking and moving in my belly through my skin. He likes to lay transverse(that means directly across me instead of up and down) and therefore streches my tummy making him easy to watch. We also bought fetal doppler for $35 online awhile back and just received it in the mail this week. It doesn't give a picture but does give a sound. So you can hear the baby's heartbeat, hear him kick and move, etc. Kinda cool. It works much better than I thought it would and is extremely easy to use.

We have an appt. on Tuesday just to check up on everything and get the official word on my sono. Other than that we will be sitting around praying the utility crews keep having good weather to work and that the electricity is restored soon!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that your little boy is doing good. I'm so excited for you! Hopefully, the electricity will be up and running shortly. I can't imagine being without it for a long period of time. We still have Ryan's dad's generator that we borrowed after Olivia came home. After the ice storm, we didn't want to be without it with a new baby home on oxygen and a monitor. Anyway, hope you (and all of your boys) are doing well! :)

    ReplyDelete