Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rough Weekend

It was a bit of a rough weekend around our house. I made it through 12 hour shifts on Friday and Saturday but my legs were so swollen by the time Sunday rolled around that there was no way in heck it was happening. So, I had to call in on Sunday...spent all day Sunday and most of the day Monday trying to recooperate.

The boys went downtown for breakfast Saturday and got hit by some weirdo with a medical problem behind the wheel of a vehicle. There were six or seven cars involved and thank God no one was hurt outside of the driver that caused all the issues. Needless to say we will be without a vehicle for awhile...making things just a but more interesting given our current cirumstances. We have had no shortage of offers to borrow vehicles from friends and family and will probably be taking everyone up on them at some point and time. I think it will be a few weeks until we get the truck back. With so many vehicles involved, our insurance company has already told us to kiss getting a loaner car goodbye. And to top it all off the fine Patrol officer at the good ol' El Dorado P.D. has three days off after working the weekend. Since he didn't finish the report before he signed off on Sunday that means it will be the end of the week before our insurance company even gets the actual police report...if we're lucky! What a jerk, I don't get to leave work until all my charts are done...why should the cops? You can't tell me the scene of the accident is going to be any more fresh in his mind on Thursday than it would have been on Sunday. Nevermind me and my opinions...everyone has one, right?

You all know how much of a control freak I am and how I hate to be screwed over by other people...case in point here. Just goes to show that sometimes you don't even have to be moving in a vehicle to get in an accident. I'm just glad both the boys are safe. Life will be a bit more interesting around here for awhile! I was hoping that maybe all the excitement would be enough to throw me into labor. So far, I must just be resilient! That or none of this irritates my uterus near as much as it frustrates me.

1 comment:

  1. I was in an accident a few weeks ago too. I just found out that if the accident was the other persons fault and you are able to file on their insurance it is state law that you receive a rental car for the time yours is in the shop. of course, I don't know the situation in your case, but I would definitely ask. I was given this info by our body shop owner. He is actually making sure everything falls into place so we get everything we are entitled to. He is even going to make sure our child safety seat is replaced by the insurance company.

    ReplyDelete