Saturday, November 5, 2011

Celebration of Freedom {2011}








El Dorado does something in November called Celebration of Freedom.  It begins with a parade and includes all sort sof activities including war re-enactments, free museum admission and tons of other neat things to honor and memorialize our currents service people and veterans.  We took the boys to the parade this a.m.  If I remember correctly I think this was Logan's first parade.  Christopher played in the marching band.  Call me sentimental but when they play my high school alma mater and we clap and say the words I still get teary eyed! 

He wasn't sure in the beginning but we had him clapping and waving his flag by the end!  He is still running around the house right now waving that little flag.  It was too cold and windy for us to participate in the other activities with Gavin but maybe next year!

1 comment: