Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Unplanned

 Remember this little doggie?
 These happy faces have been kinda rare this week.
Gavin has been very fussy and has been doing a bunch of swinging!

Nana is in San Fransisco this week. Colby had gone to stay with Aunt Kate when I went on bedrest. But he and the cat weren't getting along and Nana decided she needed a watch dog so he has been with Nana the past two weeks. With her leaving town he returned to us. Poor dog, bless his heart is just as versatile as can be. Thank goodness he is so well behaved.
Well, where to start...this week hasn't really gone as planned.  Such is life, right?  On Monday we were supposed to go get our pics taken with Payton and Grayson but our friends were sick. :( Tuesday we DID go to the chiropractor as planned.  Today I decided to call my stylist and see if she could cut my hair while I was in Wichita and she unexpectedly could! 

I didn't want to save all my control freak instructions for the sitter for 6 a.m. Monday morning so when I dropped Logan off this a.m. I stayed for a couple of hours.  I gave my instructions(which made me feel better), took all the supplies in and Jess got to spend a little time getting to know Gavin(which I am sure made her feel better!).  I got my hair cut...ran and picked out a shirt for Steve for pics tomorrow and then met my friends for lunch.  Gavin was a trooper.

Nights are still very bad for us.  I am still battling oversupply issues with my breastmilk which I think is a big part of our nighttime hell.  Gavin doesn't eat more that 2-3 oz at a time.  When there is always 4-6 oz available it is difficult for a small time eater to get to the good milk, called the hind milk.  If he gets a bottle(which has hind and foremilk in it) he does fine and will sleep 4 hours easy.  He also does well if I pump after each feeding so I am not overly full.  Since I don't want to pump at night...well you get the picture I am sure.  I am hoping that as he starts eating more and as I am away from his several days a week returning to work that his needs and my supply will balance out a bit.  We can only pray!  We had some of the same problems with Logan and it all worked out.  Thank goodness that I know it does get better. 

So tomorrow is Gavin and I's last day home by ourselves as Logan is going to daycare.  Then we have family pics in the afternoon.  We moved our playdate with the Mesplays to Friday because their week has been crazy too and they ended up having family in town.  Their little boy is 2 1/2 and they little girl was born the day after Gavin.  How fun to have kids so close in age!

More pics to come soon.  I hope we have some to share after our family session tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can enjoy your day tomorrow to the fullest. It must be difficult to go back to work. ((HUGS)) Sounds like your all set with the instructions and the haircut. Hope your pictures go well.

    ReplyDelete