Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pooptastrophe

There are no pics for this update, I didn't take any and even if I had...you wouldn't want to see them!  Last night Aunt Kate was over.  She was in the living room playing with the boys while I made supper.  Pretty soon I heard her say, "Who pooped?"  She brought Gavin in to me and I told her it was definitely not him.  So she grabbed Logan and headed up the stairs, assurring me she could handle it.

After a few minutes, my motherly instinct told me things were just not going well.  When I got up to the boys' room she was wrestling with him on the changing table.  She asked, "Do you still lay him on here to change him?"  Oh Lord...that's its!  Mom was taking over.  As I placed him on the changing table and pulled down his pants, I knew things just weren't quite right.  There was poop everywhere!  I went ahead and cleaned up the butt and legs and placed a new diaper.  When I went to take off the shoes to shed the poopy drawers I made a startling discovery...poop all the way down the legs and on BOTH shoes.

...this was not gonna be good.  I hollered down the stairs, "There's a terd on the loose!"  Steve shouted, "What?  A terd?"  "Yes, I assure you there is a terd or terds somewhere down there!"  This soon followed by an "Oh, no...man that is disgusting!"  I was secretly glad I was upstairs at this point as I am sure my words would not have been so mild.

I got Logan cleaned up and sent him back down.  I was scrubbing the crappy shoes in the sink when it dawned on me, "What the heck am I doing?  These things can go in the washer!"  When I got downstairs Steve had the carpet cleaner out and poor Aunt Kate was standing there holding Gavin and looking otherwise useless.  I asked her, "SO are you ready for kids?"  She just gave me this GO TO HECK look and said, "No."

Logan had been on the couch and the terd must have escaped on there.  There was poop smashed into both couch cusions and all OVER the carpet.  After we got the carpet cleaned and cushions taken apart I could have sworn I still had it on me...it was like it was engrained in my nostrils.  Any moms that have ever had to scrub toddler crap out of something know exactly what I am talking about.  After washing my hand at least 8 times, they still smelled like poop.  Ugh, Lord save me.

Logan when you are bigger,I will look back on this story and laugh...but right now it's a bit to "FRESH" to be funny!  Just thought I would share.  Never a dull moment around here!

2 comments:

  1. Holli, I prefer the term "craptastrophe". Hee hee.... Little kids and poo, yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gagging just reading this. I remember those days well, we had a few pooptastrophes when the kids were little.

    ReplyDelete