Friday, February 17, 2012

What a Story


Gavin loves to TALK!  Tonight Steve was carrying him back and forth flying in the air in an effort to try to stave off a crying episode.  Recently, 2a.m. has become his favorite time to sit up and have full blown conversations.  There really isn't anything you can do except join in and laugh.  I will be surprised if Gavin is not always a little ahead of his age group for speech.  Lord knows Logan is and you have to speak up to keep up around here. 

Some of my friends that have had babies close together are having problems with the younger ones not verbalizing as much, as early as the should.  It's almost like the older sibling speaks for them.  Not in this house.  I imagine Gavin will be talking and Logan will be screaming over him.

Today I saw a mom with 2 boys at Walmart.  They were in the line behind us and the boys asked very nicely if they could look at my baby.  They seemed to be about the same age apart as my boys but 2 years older.  I could see that being me in 2 years.  I was tempted to ask her, "What's the one piece of advice you would give me for the next years as a mom of 2 boys?"  But I didn't...I'm sure I haven't thought of all the possibilities of tough(and hilarious) situations that will arise...not sure I am ready to at this point.  Might be better just to take things as they come!

1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures! Raising two boys should be very exciting and exhausting.

    ReplyDelete