Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July {2012}









This year for the 4th we stayed home again and hosted the annual 900 Block of South Denver Neighborhood Block Party. Have I mentioned it has been SUPER hot? I think mother nature is trying to beat last years record of 53 days in the triple digits. At least I'm not preggo this year!


Gavin got so exhausted he had to crash for awhile. Kate and Tyler came to hangout with us for the evening too! I did miss my crazy brother. There was nothing lit of fire that wasn't supposed to be(sad!). Five years ago and pre-children we would have been out at the Varleys drinking beer, having bottle rocket wars and trying to light the pasture on fire. Wow how times change!


Logan loved fireworks last year. He would light off(with assistance of course) whatever we would let him and thought snappers were the bomb! This year he really wants nothing to do with any of it. We ended up watching the evening display with the four of us laying on our bed in the AC and watching all the crazies through the windows. I will admit, this seemed like a great excuse not to be hot and biten by all the bugs! I love these boys of mine and each holiday brings more smiles, giggles and joy.









1 comment:

  1. With the heat and bugs I think the bed was the perfect plan!

    ReplyDelete