Friday, July 27, 2012

Family Camping {2012}













Howell family camping was WAY different this year. There were only about 24 of us in attendance. My great grandma who is now 90, was in a bad enough health state and coupled with confusion, could not attend. This is the first year since I have been born in 28 years that either she or my great grandpa was not there...way sad! My grandma Wilma has been battling some health issues too and was unable to attend.


Of the three great aunts that I have, only 2 could attend...one without any of her kids. The other brought all of her kids. It was more of a Dickerson/Howell reunion! We did find highlights though. There was no crowding of tents, or chairs, or vehicles or campers. We had PLENTY to eat. No one had to wait in line for boat rides. I am struggling to grasp that as I grow older, some things my family has always cherished seem to slowly be drifting away.


This was Gavins first beach/swim trip and he had a blast! I do love my little water babies. We had fun playing at the lake then retreated to a nice cool hotel room for some comfort. Steve and Christopher went and fished and the little boys and I were CRASHED when they returned.


I m hoping for better attendance next year. If not, my family will continue to honor this yearly trip as it is a great time spent together.
















No comments:

Post a Comment