Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Under the Weather

I apololgize for my leave but it hasn't been a great week.  The boys are doing great, I just haven't felt like doing much.  Last Sunday I started have pain in my upper right abdomen, right under my ribs.  I toughed it out til Weds then called the doctor.  They drew labs which were fine and scheduled a gall bladder sono for Friday a.m.  Thursday the pain was severe enough I went to the hospital but I declined IV pain meds so they sent me home.  The sono Friday a.m. showed one small gallstone, at least thats what the tech said, of course my doctor hasn't gotten a report.

So for now, I am trying to figure out what I can eat that doesn't cause flare ups and what things I must absolutely avoid.  It's a tough process when one wrong decision leaves me miserable for hours.  I have never had pain like this.  I was medicated in high school for stomach ulcers but that pain pales in comparison to this.  Hopefully I can get this figure out soon.  I am told if it is my gall bladder, nothing will be done til after I deliver.  I had a really good day yesterday and was feeling much more hopeful. Prayers for decreased pain and an easy solution are greatly appreciated.  Hopefully I will get back to my normal self ASAP!

My next OB appt and glucose testing are next Tuesday...hard to believe I am already 26 weeks!  So far no issues with baby, no contractions and no bleeding.  I am so thankful.

1 comment: