Saturday, September 6, 2014

Benefit for Brad

One of my dearest friends' dad(Brad) was diagnosed with colon cancer with metastasis a few weeks ago.  Brad was a big part of my childhood.  He maintained the golf course that I spent much time with my father.  He also raised Kirbie mostly by himself.  He is always loving, firm, gentle and kind.  My heart hurts so for the whole family right now.

Some of the girls and I decided to throw a fundraiser for Brad the Skating Rink that he and Kirbie manage.  It was neat to see all of his regulars come out to support him.  Kate reached right out to him and camped on his lap for awhile.

We will be praying extra hard as Brad tries to fight this horrible disease.  Your prayers for Brad and that family are greatly appreciated.  He is such a huge part of Maddie and Tristan's lives.  It is so sad to think that he may not be around for a very long time.

1 comment: