Friday, September 12, 2014

First Day of Preschool {Logan}


It's no secret that my kids all have fall birthdays.  It is also no secret that I am not excited about the fact that they will all nearly be 6 when starting kindergarten.  I don't really care to debate the pros and cons as I have heard them all.  What was up for debate was whether to or not to send each to preschool. 

Now I know every mom thinks that their kid is smart(some smarter than others).  I will admit that after 1.5 years in kindercare and lots of individual attention at home I really didn't feel the need to pay extra, on top of full time daycare, to send Logan to preschool.  He is very well behaved, follows instructions well and excels in group activities.  So, I decided we wouldn't send him to pre-k, just start kindergarten next fall.

Boy did that decision backfire...The kids go to daycare with 4 other kids between the ages of 3 and 5.  When the four other 3 & 4 year olds all started pre-k and Logan did not our daycare providers began to see some issues with Logan's behavior and emotions.  So, I have coughed up the money, embraced that fact that while Logan is ahead of his peers in many areas, apparently he needs pre-k for the social interaction.

I went yesterday to meet the director and Logan's teacher.  He will attend M,W,F for 2.5 hrs in the a.m.  Not a huge amount of time but hopefully enough to help him feel more secure about himself.

He was all smiles this morning leaving the house. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment