Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Eye Update

This a.m. Gavin had another dreaded appointment with Dr. Whitfill.  While I believe this man is knowledgeable and good at this job, his bedside manner has never been a strong point.  This morning though, things were a little different.

Gavin actually cooperated and did every single one of the eye charts, even covering each eye when asked and continuing on.  He didn't need me to sit with him at all and was attentive to the nurse.  Dr. Whitfill was even pleasant.  I don't know if it was just a good day for him or if he was trying to give Gavin some positive reinforcement.  Either way, I will take it.

Best part, Gavin's vision is stable and his esotropia improving.  We don't have to go back for 6 months and when we do go back it will be for a quick vision check(no dilation).  Yahoo!  I know that this is a very small health problem and I am thankful that my kids are well.  But this doctor's office is one of my least favorite places to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment