Monday, March 28, 2011

Downer

I hate to seem like a real downer here lately but...my weekend was miserable. I went last Wednesday and had dental work done. Even with the maximum dose of Tylenol and ice packs all weekend it was clear something wasn't right. I went back today to find out that one of the new fillings didn't adhere correctly and had come off leaving the nerve end completely exposed.

They fixed it...I hope! I will spare you the entire story but I personally don't want my dentists looking at xrays and saying "How can that be?" Then in the next breath, "Those aren't even her xrays!" The awful thing I heard today after an hour of torture and reassurance that everything was fine was, "How did that just happen?" Oh my GOD I was in dental hell! So needless to say I am still tender but I am hoping that tenderness is all that is left and we will be on the up hill from here!

My energy level has been a bit low but I promise pics the next time I post

P.S. I am going to refuse any kind of dental work aside of cleaning for at least 5 years! I have met my quota in a week.

2 comments:

  1. YIKES!! I don't blame you for wanting to be done for the next few years... thats enough to traumatize anyone!! Your brother has been to the dentist at least 15 times since we've been married. Kinda makes me cringe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! I'm still holding my mouth just thinking about it. I'm so sorry you had to go through all this and I hope you are feeling much better!

    Let's get together soon.

    ReplyDelete