Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Come On Nice Weather!





This afternoon Logan took a fabulous nap(me too!) then I decided to take him to a different park. The weather was gorgeous and I had a great attitude about the whole tig...til we got there. We usually go to the park with the pond and the ducks(which he loves). After the experience I am undecided of which one we will return too.

The park with the ducks is fun. It has toddler swings and lots of room to run. But the play equipment is aimed for bigger kids and Logan can't climb any of it without me.

The park we went to today is smaller, but newer. It is handicapped accessible so Logan can climb everything by himself due to the ramps. There are handicapped swings but no toddler swings...a definite downside. This park was crazy busy though. As a dog owner myself I was NOT impressed with the two dogs that were there today.

Now I know I'm pregnant but I don't think I am unreasonable. The first dog was a barking, chasing, darting, obnoxious little weiner dog mix of some sort. He was at least on leash but would run all the was to the end of the leash 6 inches from you before being yanked back. His stupid owner stood there on a cell phone, smoking a cigarette and not watching her children whatsoever. When the smallest fell off the equipment and hit her head I couldn't help but notice how long it took this stupid lady to figure out that it was HER child screaming! Ok, so as if your stupid dog and your nasty cigarette weren't enough...why even be there if you aren't going .to at least keep an eye on your kids?

By the time the second dog showed up I had had enough. He was a huge yellow lab...not on leash. He would run right up to where you were sitting and slobber all in your face. He would also climb and run all over the equipment(I guess the bad part about handicapped play equipment is that dogs can do it too!). He climbed up the stairs Logan was playing on several times and knocked him over. I couldn't help but glare at the owners as I carried my toddler to the truck.

So, I guess I am going to have to gain some more tolerance somehow for stupid, inconsiderate, socially inept dog owners who bring both their children and their ill-mannered pets to the park! Otherwise it could be a long summer. As you can see, Logan had a great time and was pretty much unaffected by all the activity.

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way and I'm not pregnant so your feelings are totally justified. Watch your kids and your pets at the park!! Common sense!!

    ReplyDelete