Thursday, April 7, 2011

14 Weeks With Baby Taylor #2

My sister in law asked very nicely for a pic of my "baby belly" about a month ago...I am just getting around to it! Yesterday I went for an appt. I am actually still down on my weight from where I started. I am sure that the whole tooth fiasco and not eating much due to that has influenced it a little bit. All my labs were great. Not anemic this time around so no nasty iron pills yet! Any of you that have had to take these knows why they are miserable!

The Dr. couldn't hear the heartbeat at my last appt. but we heard it just fine yesterday clipping right along between 135 and 158. Measuring right on so far although I feel much bigger than I did with Logan at this stage. It must just be my uterus saying, "I have no tone! Dear Lord, didn't we just do this?" So, not much to report! The doctor I switched to in order to deliver Logan in Wichita is no longer delivering so I switched to her partner Dr. Greenberg. She's pleasant and straightforward and always seems to do what I want. Coming from a nurse, you can't beat that!

I have a business conference in Dallas in the middle of May. I will have another appt. in 4 weeks then schedule the sono for the week after to find out what we are having. I don't know if I am excited to know or not. It will be our last so it really doesn't matter. Even pretending that I would want one sex over another will only bring disappointment so I am not going to do that! This baby is very wanted and blessed and will be loved either way. Logan has been practicing holding babies so he will be all ready when he/she gets here!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic. I love hearing the baby's heartbeat! Logan is going to be a great big brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES YES YES YES YES!! Thanks!! This was the icing on the good day cake :) So excited!! Maybe you could take one every sunday? Just an idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I had to do the iron pills and my doc recommended Bifera. Apparently it's pretty new and it doesn't have any of the "nasty" side effects you speak of. I could only find it at Walgreens. It's a little more expensive but well worth it I'd say! Just in case your next labs have you headed to the pharmacy! :)

    ReplyDelete