Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh What a Night

We love Elmo! Good thing he has lots of educational DVDs. Is it bad that Logan is actually getting somewhat good at his breathing treatments?
These pics are from tonight...thank goodness Logan was a in a good mood. I had zero energy and don't know how I would have made it through if I had had to fight him! Last night was a real dooozy. Logan went to bed like normal. Then about 11:15 my tummy woke me up. Then, I went into a full-blown allergy attack..probably one of the worst ever. Good thing I was already sitting in the bathroom because everytime I sneezed I thought I would pee my pants!


Then, came the wheezing. Thank goodness my inhaler was within reach. By the time I had settled down enough(5omg of benadryl later and about 10 puffs on the ole inhaler) it was after 1:00a.m. I had just laid down when Logan started coughing. Bless his heart! We had not given him a breathing treatment last night before bed because he seemed to be doing fine. Let's just say that I did NOT skip it tonight! We were up until about 2:30 until he finally got it all out of his system and fell back asleep. As miserable as I was I know he was hanging right in there with me.


I am hoping for a good nights sleep for us both tonight. We have been transitioning Logan to falling asleep in his bed instead of downstairs with us or rocking. Tonight it took about 15 min and this was without a cup since he sucked down his milk like it was going out of fashion. His crib is on the lowest level so even without being pregnant it was difficult for me to put him to bed when he was asleep. My short little legs were off the floor when I leaned over! Now there is no way I can do it as it hits me right on the baby bump! I am hoping by making this a nice little one on one time with him it will seem more like a good time. We start by letting him have his cup and then he gives it to me when he is done. I sit on the floor next to the bed with only one hand touching him and repeatedly tell him, "Lay down, goodnight." It doesn't take him long to figure out I am not going to pick him up. I am so happy that daycare has always made him lay himself down. It certainly makes this much easier! To top it off, of the 3 nights I have put him to bed like this he has always slept through the night. Yay! I think we're on to something.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I can relate to the breathing machine. I hate having to see children using them but the good thing is that hopefully he will grown out of it and that would be the best blessing for him. Hope you all get well soon and have a good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete