Saturday, August 6, 2011

Update and Pics





Things are settling down...last night they repeated my fetal fibronectin which is a swab that tells them something about how active my cervix is...I don't really understand it. Bottom line, if it is negative then >90% chance I won't deliver in the next two weeks. Well, it was negative. SO they shut off the magnesium, pulled my catheter and I am now being monitored up on the womens floor at Wesley on bedrest. I am still contracting regularly but the contractions don't seems to be changing anything so we are just tolertaing them for now. I am hoping if all goes well tonight that I will be dismissed to home tomorrow...on bedrest.


Bedrest seems to be the word of the month...til at least 34 weeks then I will be allowed to go back to work and resume normal activities if things are going well. This is not what I had planned! It is going to eat up an entire month of my maternity leave that I have worked so hard to save. Not to mention the huge adjustment it will be. It's hard because the NICU RN side of me says, "Even if this kid was born today, it would be alright." It's really difficult for me to say, "Any amount of time we can keep this baby in is the best thing possible." Working where I do makes having preterm babies seem very normal to me. I am constantly being reminded by my OB that though these babies do fine, it is not ideal by any circumstances.


So I am laying this normal hospital bed beig very thankful for the priviledge to get up and pee, not having a catheter that makes my bladder spasm every time the nurse looks at it. Also being thankful for a regular hospital bed and for the fact that our baby is still safely tucked away inside me doing well. Those ldr beds are made for one thing only...having babies! There was nothing even tolerably comfortable about it.


The next couple weeks will be trying for sure but I know we will get through it. A big part of me thinks that it is times like these you find out what your marriage is really made of. I am so lucky to have a great husband who knows me better than anyone and great friends and family that continue to make everything ok.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like good news. Sorry about the bedrest but keeping him inside as long as possible is the best thing for him. Sorry that you have to use your days up. That's not fair! Take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete