Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas 2012 {Our House}

 


The little boys made it until almost 6:30 AM on Christmas morning.  Each of our boys had 3 gifts...1 from Santa, 1 from Mom/Dad and 1 from the brothers.  The lack of number of gifts to open made for swift gift unwrapping.   Honestly though, they each got more than they asked for!!!  The stockings were abundant.

Each year I struggle when it comes to Christmas...especially with step kiddos, you want to make sure that your love is portrayed equally.  This year I decided, 3 gifts was ENOUGH!  After all, the wise men brought Jesus 3 gifts, right?  It seems like a great starting place for us.

I think that 3 gifts will be a tradition that is continued.  We are beyond blessed to have so much family that buy gifts for the boys...sometimes I am fumbling for gift ideas because so many people have asked.

I will say that I missed the large Howell Christmas gathering this year.  It seems like tradition has died with my Great Grandma.  Maybe soon we can figure out how to make it all work again.  It's tough trying to get 90+ people together.  However, the fact that we always seemed to do it, made me feel like our family was special.

I am looking forward to creating Christmas traditions with my own boys.  I am imagining the excitement as Gavin actually opens his own gifts next year and doesn't need anyone's help.  Bless his heart, he was so close!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas at your house. I have a friend who only gives her children 3 gifts like the wise men gave Jesus.
    It's a little to late for me to start that since my children expect many :) However I have told them to enjoy while we can because we don't know what retirement will bring!!!!

    ReplyDelete