Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thankful for Just One.

So since we found out we were expecting again, Logan has been telling everyone that we are "Having deuces.  There is one baby for Mommy and one baby for Daddy."  HOLY HELL, LORD PLEASE HELP ME!  That's what I was thinking!!!

Today I had an OB appt and my doctor did a quick sono just to make sure everything looked on track.  I am happy to report, there is exactly ONE baby, that measures right on for dates(7wks, 1 day) and had a nice happy heart rate of 129 beats per minute.  Apparently, God does only give us what we can handle.  If I had found out we were expecting more than one, I would have surely stroked out on the table.  LOL!

I was supposed to have allergy testing on Thursday.  I didn't know I was pregnant when I had the severe reaction on Christmas Day.  Interestingly, the only two major reactions I have ever had that required emergency medical treatment due to facial swelling and difficulty breathing, were during pregnancy(the current one and Gavin's).  I called my allergist to reschedule testing for late in March after I see the high risk perinatologist(just a precaution after my last pregnancy with preterm labor).  The allergy center informed me that since I am pregnant, I am not eligible for testing, or shots!

Plan B...I will start on daily Allergra and the Epipen will be my best friend for the rest of this pregnancy.  I will have the testing ASAP after delivery.  Honestly, I am just praying for a complication free pregnancy, without bedrest and a healthy term baby.  I am hoping this time we can avoid being induced and see how I do with laboring, no epidural, without pitocin running.  Don't get me wrong though...if  need pain relief, I will get it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad that everything is looking good and hooray for one! I don't think I could have handled more than one at a time either.

    ReplyDelete