Friday, September 20, 2013

Meeting Grandparents





Grandma and Grandpa Howell came up to meet Katelyn today and spend some time with the boys.  My Grandma is such a very special, strong person.  She raised three of the toughest, most rowdy, most stubborn boys I know!

I never tire of sharing my babies with our extended family.  It is so special that they are surrounded by such love and support.  I only wish it was easier to get everyone together more often!

This a.m. before the grandparents came, my good friend and lactation consultant Megan came over for a visit.  She is such an awesome person, Mommy and LC.  Katelyn still isn't able to nurse well without the shield but it's always nice just to get a little bit of encouragement.  Logan used a shield until he was 8 weeks old and figured out nursing about the time I was ready to throw in the towel.  That stubborn oldest child of mine though has been a major part of molding my feelings about breastfeeding today.  When you work so hard to make something work, it becomes very special.  I am sure it will be the same with baby Kate!

1 comment: