Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mommy Is Down and Daddy Is Home

So this a.m. Gavin got up VERY early...like 5 a.m. early.  By 8a.m. we were having all out tantrums(not our sweet boy, right).  I just kept telling myself that we only had to make it til Daddy got home.  I was carrying him down the stairs when he flipped out and started writhing like a snake.  I lost my balance and fell, HARD.

Initially, I wasn't too concerned.  Gavin wasn't hurt(aside from some carpet burn on his leg).  I whacked the snot out of head and I knew I had broken a toe...landed on my hip but it mostly felt bruise.  Then about an hour later I puked up my breakfast and started having visual disturbances in my right eye.  Called the doctor and they of course recommended and E.R. trip.  Great, there was no one in town to keep the boys.

So we waited for Nana and I headed on.  They weren't too concerned about my head but were worried about baby.  They did a sono to make sure there was no bleeding.  Everything looked ok, then told me I had to go to OB to monitored, really?  That's when the trouble started!  They put me on the monitor and baby girls heart rate was not handling my every 2-3 minute contractions.  After calling in the OB and having a room full of people for about 40 min talking about what the next step would be, she finally shaped up.

They kept me about 6 hrs to monitor then finally let me go home to rest.  Steve made it home in the middle of chaos...I am pretty sure he was thinking, "You don't have to throw yourself down the stairs to get my attention."  Let's just say we rested at home the remainder of the day.  Too much excitement for this Mama!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness....I'm glad you and your daughter are okay. Stay down and rest. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete