Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29th Update







This morning while it was cool(90 degrees is cool, right?), Abby and I took the kids to the zoo. Logan has had a difficult time this week and this morning was no exception. I am getting to big to carry him around, especially in the heat, and he isn't adjusting well to it. I figure, better to have him mad at me now rather than when the baby comes. Let's just say that zoo morning was full of wailing and tears.

We had a short nap then this afternoon I had a follow-up doctors appt. after being admitted on Monday. I was so aggravated. Almost an hour after my appt. time I actually saw the Dr. My physician is gone for the week so I saw someone I had never seen before. She(Dr. C) was very nice and explained that the progesterone level they drew on Monday was about half of what it should be. She said this alone could be the cause of my contractions.

I think I was much more informed about hormone levels when we did fertility treatments with Logan. I am going to have to do my research to get there again. She started me on Progesterone injections twice a week with lab draws every two weeks for the time being. While it bothers me to think that my body is somehow not acting as it should, I am happy to have a possible cause for my preterm contractions.

So, now all we have to do is hope the insurance company cooperates and covers these injections...I have no idea how much they are out of pocket but I bet they aren't cheap! Of course, any cost is worth having a healthy term baby...it would just be much less stress to have it be covered. I will keep everyone posted.






1 comment:

  1. Love the ice cream cone photo. I am glad you know what it is and praying that it all goes well. I am looking at all your posts but not commenting on each one. Lots of cute photos of Logan.

    ReplyDelete