Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Trouble, trouble

Last night with baby taylor #2 was very eventful...I was at work yesterday and about 1:30P.M. I started contracting. It really wasn't anything I was concerned about, not painful. By 4:00 I had started timing them. By 4:30 I realized that they were fairly regular being 3 to 12 min. apart. I had just been down to LDR to do a consult and knew it was packed, with peple in the waiting room. So, I called my to see what she wanted me to do.

Of course my doctor was checked out to someone else I have never met, yet. She wanted me to go get checked out. So, down to LDR I went. One of the sweet little girls I work with clocked out at the same time and went with me. Steve had just gotten home with the boys and I really didn't want him disrupting the entire household to drive over so I told him to stay home.

I actually got back to a room pretty quickly. When they put me on the monitor sure enough my contractions were about every 2-7 min. I don't remember having real contractions with Logan until the day he was born, certainly not this early on. They gave me Tylenol and Benadryl. The FP resident came and did an exam and some swabs to send off. I also got a lovely TV ultrasound to measure cervical length which was reassuring. Baby looked beautiful on the monitor throughout everything.

About 8 my contractions stopped over about a 20 min period. Then, the FP resident walked in and told me that due to a positive Fetal Fibronectin she was considering admitting me and to give steriods to mature the babys lungs. At this point the NICU nurse in me was starting to come out.

I felt like if they were that concerned than they should consult a high risk OB and let him/her make that decision. After that she told me that the fetal fibro might just be false positive. She called the dr on call to get a second opinion. When she came back she said she guessed I could go home and monitor since my contractions had stopped if I hadn't changed any when she examined me. Wow, it makes me crazy to think some people might just say, "Ok" because they don't know anybetter!

On exam I hadn't changed and I was out of that hospital as fast as I could be! It was almost 10P.M. and I was so exhausted. Today I went to work and sat in the office and answered the phone all day which is by the way what I did yesterday. I was about ready to go nuts. I have a follow up appt tomorrow and I am hoping for a good report. I have still been having some contractions but not regular.

Little Taylor Boy #2...please behave your self and stay put for at least 12 more weeks. Although I love my coworkers and have the utmost faith in them I do NOT want to be an NICU mommy...oh yeah, and your daddy would drive them insane!

3 comments:

  1. How scary!!! Stay put baby boy!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Holli! That is scary! No, you don't want to be a NICU Mommy! I'm saying prayers that he behaves himself and bakes for many more weeks. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was scary. Glad everything is well and I pray he continues to say inside for awhile.

    ReplyDelete