Sunday, October 7, 2012

Birthday Wishes & A Little Artist

(photo courtesy of Hilary Phipps)
This afternoon we attended the bday party of a little NICU grad of mine.  What a cool idea!  That had it at a little studio called Paint the Towne.  Everyone got to paint a canvas, enjoy some food and each others company.  My boys both look less than thrilled in the pics but I assure you they had a great time!

Days like today make me miss my time in the NICU.  I do love helping moms and babies breastfeed, but I also love being a NICU nurse.  I know that I am where I am now for a reason and have certainly loved have more flexibility in my schedule while my kids are young.  However, I do miss the deep bonds that sometimes formed between myself and the parents of the babies that I cared for.

I think someday I will go back.  I think when the time is right God will let me know.  Until then, we will continue to celebrate the lives of these amazing little people and rejoice in the hurdles they have overcome, milestones they have met.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you clarified the boys faces because I was thinking they both look kinda mad! Wasn't sure if I should say anything :) I love where your heart is and I am sure God will send you back to the NICU when the time is right.

    ReplyDelete