Monday, October 15, 2012

Walter's Pumpkin Patch {2012}



 



 


 
 

 
 



It has become a tradition.  This year did not go as planned, but I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.  The air was warm, the breeze was cool.  The trees seemed to talk as the leaves rustled softly.  I watched our children, running excitedly back and forth with shouts of joy to one another. My smallest  waddled around, completely overwhelmed by the magnitude of everything  the patch had to offer.

I listened to the older ones, as they tried to explain to each other just where we would go next, what we would do.  The pure joy on their faces made me smile.  As I looked at my best friend, I couldn’t help but think, “She is one of the bravest, strongest people I know.”  We are incredibly blessed to have these friends.  Of course there were moments of breakdown.  What 3 year old could handle a 3 hour play date without some source of frustration, right?  The tantrum pulled me back to real life for just a minute. 

As I hid behind my camera, trying to capture the raw, unprotected emotions displayed by the children, I couldn’t help but think what life would be like without them.  Where did I find joy before I was entrusted these 2 beautifully distinct souls?  What filled my days and my nights?  What filled my dreams and my nightmares?  What made me whole, gave me inspiration to be better and to do more?

 And then I remembered…they did.  They filled my dreams before I ever knew  them.  I knew I was put here on this earth to be their mom.  As God’s plan for our family has been slightly different than the plan that I had envisioned, I am reminded that he is in control.  As crazy as our wild days(and nights) can be, I find peace in that. 

1 comment:

  1. This post certainly brought tears to my eyes. Children are the best blessing God can give us.
    Looks like an awesome place to go and the pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete