Thursday, November 7, 2013

Neuro Appt

Katelyn began doing some odd twitching/jerking motions, mostly in her sleep, when she was about 1.5 weeks old.  When I mentioned it to her pediatrician and played her a video of the motions, she thought we should get it checked by the neurologist.

Today Kate had a EEG.  Throughout the entire thing she was jerking, twitching, singing, moaning and doing all the normal "odd" movements.  I am so glad that we got in with Dr. Shah who is the neurologist that sees all the babies I work with in the NICU.  There is no one I would trust more.

I was completely relieved then we told me the EEG was normal.  The neurologist feels that her movements are most likely a response to some sort of pain.  Given her symptoms, he suggested we treat her reflux.  We will talk to her doctor about it at the 2 month check up.  Hooray for normal test results!  We can sleep just a bit better tonight...

1 comment: